Well, wife’s retrieval is set for Thursday! We trigger this evening. Then transfer to me 3-5 (hopefully 5) days later. Wife’s eggs are big and bountiful. My lining is great. If this works out, I have to say that I really like the process and the teamwork of RIVF. Our bodies are working together to make a baby!! Hoping to be growing a little sibling for our little soon!
Out of town childfree weddings, fine. Whatever. Inviting people to your out of town wedding, having them book cabins at your in-the-mountains retreat and then casually mentioning after the fact that kids aren’t welcome at the ceremony or reception but are definitely still welcome to come hang out in the days leading up to said out-of-town wedding… and that they’ll work on trying to find some childcare, but no promises so maybe bring someone along to watch your kids. I’m so pisssssed. We’re talking a 2-day drive out of town. $1000 worth of cabin fees that we would put on the other couple we are sharing with if we back out now. Not cool man. Also, my friend with a new baby who also had the oh-so-convenient out-of-town, childfree wedding is upset that she can’t bring her baby…sigh. At least there is some consolation humor in that.
Well, we’re not pregnant. But rewind a few weeks, wife and I were discussing our plan should she not be pregnant. I told her I thought that we should switch to IVF if/when the time is right and possibly consider doing reciprocal if they can synch our cycles and do a fresh transfer (as it is unlikely that her lining would be adequate for a fresh transfer). She has been pretty tight lipped about planning for the “in case” future because she found it disheartening, but once we found out how thin her lining is, the reality of IUI working out has started to dim a bit. Add that to certain career opportunities and new responsibilities wife is currently looking at and it’s making more sense. She seemed to give a sigh of relief and even said “now I kinda hope I’m not pregnant” and we did the POAS to confirm it. It was bittersweet.
We’ve been in contact with a clinic in St Louis and have gotten some price points. It’s not pretty, but wife did get a settlement from her bike accident and we’ve put that away for a rainy day. Cue rainy day. It feels kind of weird to be putting so much money towards something with so many question marks, but that’s the nature of this process in general. And honestly if it works out, it’s totally worth it. Money does not even begin to place a value on being moms and creating our family. It is beyond money.
That said, if it doesn’t work out, it will be pretty shitty. I am optimistic that it will work out in one way or another though. Wife seems to make eggs like a champ, just not lining, and I had a really great pregnancy and lactate like a boss. We’ll see what the doc says.
Here’s to the next adventure!
Here we are again! So we’re doing the TWW after what seemed to be a well-timed insemination (one 18mm follicle with trigger 36 hours later). Wife has been struggling with a thin lining (not on clomid) and we cancelled last cycle because it was under 4…this cycle we started tamoxifen which can have a thickening effect on the lining and did a whole regimen of herbs and pomegranate juice and tea and baby aspirin. Lining got almost to a 6….still on the thin side so I am feeling a little pessimistic but trying to be optimistic for wife. Our doctors seem pretty unconcerned which is a little frustrating. We have 2 tries after this before we figure out how to afford IVF and I’m trying not to see this as a foregone conclusion. I would love for this just to work out this cycle. It would be SO nice for it just to work out in an easier and less expensive manner…but I don’t know if that’s how we roll 😂😭 I guess that’s when we just wait and see!
Wife’s AF hasn’t showed up, but it’s due sometime today and we’ve had all negative tests so far. Still of course holding onto the thread of hope that we could have a late bloomer or something. But we’ve already been into the doc to get ultrasound cycle-monitoring and ovidrel for next cycle.
3rd time’s a charm? We’ll see. Insemination was a little stressful. Our nurse, who we typically love, seemed a little doubting of the wife’s timing, though with Femara, I know I ovulated early and the doc said this was likely. Wife also had great CM. She did have pretty bad “reflux” when we injected the sperm and I worry that none of it got in…ugh. But yeah. I think our timing was great. So staying positive. I have felt really hopeful this time around but am trying to be less optimistic? If that makes any sense.
TWW aaaaand go.
“This process is really hard and it sucks.”
Going to start medicated cycles next try!